As John Noakes often said, ‘I’m Knackered’.
Quick summary of today’s Chicken related activities,
- Put together Chook Holiday Home
- Move Chooks from main run to Holiday Home
- Take Eglu apart
- Clear out run-material
- Power-wash the rest of the run-material
- Power-wash Eglu
- Wipe Eglu down with Dettol ( I love the smell of this stuff … almost as good as TCP )
- Put Stalosan F on Run to disinfect it
- Wash each chicken in an anti-mite shampoo to remove any remaining nasties (some chooks enjoyed it, some hated the bath) which was loads of fun (not)
- Inserted very annoyed Chickens into Run
- Added 300 litres of bark as new run material
All this after a load of other garden maintenance.
I am worn out … and working my way through a few cans of the Amber Nectar as reward.
Funnily, the chickens, after their bath, were almost human-like in the way they ignored me, and refused to acknowledge my existence. Even being offered Mixed Corn – they just ignored it and perched on whatever they could find. You’d have thought they would be grateful?
So in the next couple of days we’ll decide the way ahead – which may be to feed them junk-food so they can try and grow their feathers back – we’ll have to see how they get on after their bath.