Here’s our review about the Ebac 2850e Dehumidifier – we purchased in November 2009 and has been going strong for 4 years with no issues.
(Updated November 2013 – see the bottom of this review)
In summary – it does what it says it does – it’s pulling loads of water from the surroundings – on average about 4 litres per day. Power useage is between 250W and 90W depending on whether the compressor is running.
We’ve sited the Dehumidifier on the upstairs landing – this way it can service all of the house at once.
- It isn’t silent, but it’s not too loud – it’s about the same as a fridge but it’s a softer noise, almost therapeutic. I believe the next model up (which costs substantially more) is quieter.
- The control panel is easy to use and it’s easy to comprehend the mode that the unit is running in.
- The manual that comes with the unit isn’t too comprehensive in explaining the functions or modes that it has – this is a sad omission seeing as the rest of the product is top-notch. It’s all well and good having a super-dooper control panel and loads of lights … but there is no documentation to say what Humidity level you are setting
- The water tank is easy to remove, and simple to replace. A red light glows if the tank is full. If the water tank is full the unit cuts out until it is emptied.
- When emptying the water tank some care needs to be taken as it’s easy to spill it everywhere. I’m no good at poring coffee from a carafe so maybe that’s just me.
- It’s quite heavy though it has a good handle that allows an easy grip.
- It heats the air prior to sending it out the exhaust vent – this stops it chilling the surrounding area
- The plastic casing feels well made and sturdy. The only part that is slightly flimsy is the door that holds the water container
So all in all it’s a good unit and does what it says on the tin. I’d buy another product from this company.
The amount of condensation we are seeing has reduced, although the instructions did say that it can take up to three weeks for the unit to have removed vapour from the whole house. I’ll update in due course.
Updated November 2013 –> The dehumidifier is still going strong and it is now 4 years old. It is working perfectly and reduces condensation to absolute zero. Amazon’s price is less than RRP with free delivery, so grab yourself bargain Ebac 2850e Dehumidifier (there are over 57 reviews on Amazon so don’t just take my word for it take a look!).