Councillors, local people and local businesses are uniting to restore the Goddess Of Victory to Horndean War Memorial.
The original monument to World War 1 was dedicated on July 21, 1920 and was unveiled by Lady Drury-Lowe. The statue displayed the ‘Goddess Of Victory’ which stood 2 metres tall. In 1964 a car accident occurred and the statue was damaged beyond repair.
The project, being run by Councillor Schillemore has a website, www.horndeanvillage.co.uk and a Facebook page.